Summary of key findings
This school is good because
- Programmes of work meet individual needs well and enable students to re-engage with learning after considerable periods of disrupted education prior to joining the school.
- The excellent and consistently applied behaviour policy helps students who enter the school with extremely challenging behaviour to develop much more positive attitudes over time.
- Teachers, most of whom have been at the school for some time, have high expectations and are committed to helping the students to learn and to fulfil their potential.
- There is an expectation that students will gain external accreditation and go on to further education or work. Good support means that none leaves at the end of Year 11 without a clear future pathway to follow.
- The extremely effective arrangements for the welfare, health and safety of students enable them to feel safe and very well supported when they are at school. They are helped to develop much better and more positive attitudes about themselves and other people.
- School leaders provide good support to staff so that the good teaching enables students to achieve well.